Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ideeen



One of my favorite stores, oak is having a crazy sale, the jacket of my dreams included! I got all excited, only to find out that it had already sold out.

So I did some research on the company that makes said perfect jacket: Ideeen. As I started to write about the collection, I realized that I have no idea how to write about fashion. For me it's purely a personal, completely biased aesthetic judgment, unlike the way that I see art as part of history, artist statements, and other documents. So here is my personal analysis: I only like some of the pieces in the collections. Some of the pieces look a little overworked for my taste, and some of it is just plain ugly. However, ideeen uses asymmetry, contrasting fabrics, and cut outs that really work in some pieces. I like the Autumn/Winter 08 collection the best. Here are some of the ones I liked, but go to the website and see for yourself.



Click on it for a larger size!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah I saw that jacket...

the shoes I wanted sold out too!

:(

oh yeah, I have subscribed to your feed too

art smart said...

Which shoes? Don't tell me the LD Tuttle ones with the feathers! ARGH!

Cool! A subscriber!!